Creating A Positive Corporate Culture Through Collaboration
Many legacy enterprises are at a crossroads today. The formulas that created their success are eroding.
These organizations have not kept pace with changes in corporate culture or ways of working to best maximize the most prevalent skills in the workforce. The most easily identifiable factor creating this pressure is the increased presence of millennials in the workplace. Today, millennials represent the largest portion of the U.S. labor force and are expected to account for 50% of the U.S. workforce. Furthermore, the phenomenon known as telecommuting is affecting everyone, everywhere. According to a 2018 study, 70% of people globally work remotely once a week and 53% work remotely at least half of the week.
Today’s workforce prioritizes culture and collaboration over traditional priorities like compensation. According to one survey, nearly 73% of job seekers would only consider companies that aligned with their personal values. In fact, MIT and Glassdoor have recently developed a cultural evaluator which helps job seekers measure potential companies by nine core values, called “the Big Nine”; it’s hardly surprising that the first two values are agility and collaboration. Furthermore, according to Amanda Stansell, Glassdoor’s senior economic research analyst, culture “really goes down to the day-to-day environment and how people interact with each other. People aren’t receiving a paycheck every day, but they are experiencing culture everyday as they work their 9-5 job.”
One recent study found that companies that promoted collaborative working were five times as likely to be high performing. And, according to Deloitte, nearly three-quarters of companies (73%) are now experimenting with collaboration tools.
There is no shortage of vendors—including startups on the sidelines—hawking their collaboration wares. Many are siloed and solve only a single portion of the collaboration puzzle, thus creating a great deal of strain on your already stressed IT department.
Here are a few things to look for in solutions that can increase collaboration and create positive corporate culture:
- Cost-effective solutions that are easy to integrate and won’t overwhelm your already overloaded IT staff
- Features that are robust, manageable and reliable
- Deliver an impact to your business:
- o Improve business agility by delivering collaboration services in sync with your changing business needs, while easily scaling users and applications up or down
- o Boost efficiency by using a simple, predictable subscription model and pay only for what you need
- o Simplify management and control of your network, helping ensure the performance and dependability of collaboration for your employees
- o Maintain integrity and privacy to safeguard your business, employees, partners, and customers with a secure network architecture
Why CenturyLink + Cisco?
To help legacy enterprises create a positive culture through collaboration, CenturyLink has partnered with Cisco to empower your workforce to collaborate more effectively and efficiently. We provide the ability to engage in continuous collaboration anytime, anywhere.
- Reliable partner with expertise and next-generation networking solutions
- Combination of local presence and an expansive global network to keep you connected – wherever business happens
- Comprehensive methodologies, supported by a global network, and enterprise-grade experience
- Solutions to help you leverage your existing investments and access future applications with minimal technology investment
Whether your employees are working remotely, grew up in “always-on” technological environments, or have adopted new technologies, they are going to continue revolutionizing communication standards by bringing new expectations to the workforce. Thus, they will continue to expect a corporate culture that prioritizes collaboration. Regardless of where your customers and employees are located, we can offer collaboration solutions that fit your business needs and will keep your teams engaged.
CenturyLink can keep you and your team connected anytime, virtually anywhere.
This content is provided for informational purposes only and may require additional research and substantiation by the end user. In addition, the information is provided “as is” without any warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied. Use of this information is at the end user’s own risk. CenturyLink does not warrant that the information will meet the end user’s requirements or that the implementation or usage of this information will result in the desired outcome of the end user. This document represents CenturyLink’s products and offerings as of the date of issue. Services not available everywhere. Business customers only. CenturyLink may change or cancel products and services or substitute similar products and services at its sole discretion without notice. ©2020 CenturyLink. All Rights Reserved.